Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quantum Physics, Maslow, and a Four Year Old

(Quantum Physics from enlightearth.com)

Some of the best (by which, of course, I mean funniest) conversations I have ever had have been with my children in a public bathroom. I'm not sure what the reason is, but our kids seem to have their deepest thoughts while sequestered in the stall. This Sunday at church I took our four year old, Rock Star, to the bathroom. While he was doing his business, we had the following conversation.

RS: Dad, guess what I don't know.

Me: Um, quantum physics?

RS: Nope. I know that. Guess what I don't know.

Me: Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

RS: What?

Me: Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

RS: Um. OK. Guess what else I don't know. There's two things: that, and one other thing.

Unfortunately, I was laughing too hard at this point to hear what the one other thing is in the world beside Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs that our four year old does not know.

I'm glad he's already mastered quantum physics, though. It would be a little disappointing to have him enter kindergarten without a firm grasp of that one!



2 comments:

Kyr said...

I love your kids they are so funny. keep blogging about your funny little kids!

Anonymous said...

what I was looking for, thanks